Our Journey in Words

Friday, June 25, 2010

Getting Along



It truly warms my heart when my kids are getting along and playing well together. The other morning I awoke to the pitter-patter of little feet running through the hall way. It was Stella. She was running to see her brother. She burst into his room (thankfully he was already awake) and began talking to him in her "motherly" voice. "Goodmorning, Sammy! Did you sleep good? Do you want some more milk? Ok. We will wait for mommy to get it. Do you want to read some stories?" From my room, I listened to her read "Goodnight Moon" and "Hugs are Special" and I listened to them giggle. They were getting along!

Today was another one of those days! We had a beautiful, cooler morning which allowed us to take a bike ride down to the park and play with our cousins. After naps, Stella and Sam splashed in the pool (or the "duck pond" as they are calling it), ran through the sprinkler, rode bikes, ate popsicles, and chased each other up and down the slide! What a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment