Our Journey in Words

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

So I am exaggerating. My day wasn't THAT bad. It was just one of those whiny, push all your buttons, I'm not listening, I don't like it, "NO, Mommy!" days! Have you ever had one of those?!

I put the kids to bed early. 7p.m. on. the. dot. Sun still blazing, but I didn't care. They were tired (Alright, I'm not going to lie. I was tired)! Do I feel guilty? Not about putting the kids down early, but for my lack of patience and bad attitude, absolutely!

Days like this make me so thankful for the grace and forgiveness I receive freely through Christ. I am grateful that He gives me second, third, fourth... seventy times seven chances because I definitely need them!

I went up stairs to check in on my munchkins and found my precious babies sleeping so peacefully. So soundly.




I wanted to wake them up, snuggle them and play with them. OK, just kidding. Sweet dreams little ones. I love you and I will see you in the morning.

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:21-23

No comments:

Post a Comment