Our Journey in Words

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sweet Praises




It was bed time and bed time in our household comes with a routine which consists of baths, teeth brushing, family story time, followed by prayer time. This particular night Stella asked if she could sit behind the rocker and pray. I said yes and was taken back when she actually started praying. Her little hands were folded, her curly head bowed and her button eyes closed. She began, "Dear Jesus. Thank you for this day. Thank you for the beautiful weather. Thank you for mommy, sammy, me and daddy. Thank you that uncle R., M & S could come to our house today. Thank you that we could make cookies. In Jesus name, Amen!"

So innocent and so genuine were her words. A prayer, her first prayer, filled with sweet praises to our father above. My eyes filled with tears and my heart swelled with great desire for her (for all my children) to grow to know Him as her personal Lord and Savior.

Jesus said, "Let the children come to me and do not stop them, because the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment